Tuesday, January 19, 2016

VC2 Chapter 26-Endless Odds

Sector 2100
Planet 2103
November 21, 2052

Owens piloted his cruiser towards Jake's armada of heavy armed ships. He knew it was going to be going to be suicide, but he knew the cause was worth fighting for. NB was a symbol of freedom and civilization known to the galaxies. If it gave in to tyranny, it would have lost the reputation Charlie had began.
“I'm with you till the end Vice Admiral.” McClelland broadcasted as he navigated his fiery Revelation cruiser and his remaining fleet beside his.
“I think you are forgetting about me.” Tarbuck piloted his battered ship into the ship cluster.
“Let's give them hell!” Owens fired his weapons at the nearest hostile.
“They are swarming me. I need help!” Stein broadcasted from his position where he was getting overwhelmed by Nighthawk frigates.
“Stein, you have to hold out on your own. We must continue with our push to kill Jake to win the war.” Tarbuck replied as he watched a nearby allied ship explode beside him as they pushed closer towards Jake's command ship.
“Screw this shit. I'm done. If you guys can't have my back, I won't have yours.” Steins replied in frustration as his ship got peppered by lasers.
“Stein, it's not like that...” Owens replied as he watched Stein's ship begin to warp.
“I'm done with NB. Good luck with your battles.” Stein transmitted and warped his fiery ship out of the battle.
“God damn cowards.” Owens slammed his fist on his console.
“We're still here Owens. We will not stray away like Stein did.” Watts interrupted.
“Thank you. I appreciate it.” Owens watched as the space began Jake's ship opening up warp.
“Incoming enemy reinforcements!” an officer alerted Owens.
“It's a fricking ambush!” Wickers watched as hundreds of Fury battleships appear out of the warp.
“I have you exactly where I want.” Jake broadcasted on all the open channels.
“Ahhh hell. Fall back everyone.” Owens watch as the ships in front of him exploded as the Fury battleships unleashed a steady stream of fire.
“Sir, fleets two to five are down!” the communications officer shouted.
“I'm down to my last ship!” another officer hollered from his station.
Owens bit his lip as he watched in slow motion as nearby allied ship get taken down one by one. He knew he had lost control of this sector and will lose NB and EH if they continued on with this fight.
“Tarbuck and Watts. I want you to evacuate all personnel, ships, and bases off this sector. Initiate relocation protocols now!” Owens stood up form his command chair and looked at the crew in his bridge.
“I'm going to buy enough time for our allies and friends to get out safely. You can use the escape pods and evacuate now and I won't hold it against you.” Owens looked at the his crew.
“We're not going sir.” the crew responded in unison acknowledging their fate.
“Come on Owens, what are you doing?” Tarbuck watched as Owens ship continuing fire and charging forward into the enemy fleet.

 “I'm doing what is necessary...for all of us.” Owens replied.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment and give your feedback. Thanks!