Saturday, August 4, 2012

Chapter 47- Feedbacks


             I believe giving and getting feedback is important. However, feedback should neither be positive nor negative, but instead be constructive. It’s easy to pick one person’s faults and errors, but is there a way they can improve and how to do it? Giving positive is very good, but does it give room for improvement?

            I personally like constructive feedback because I get to know the truth, but also get ways to change if need be. In my opinion, a critic may be one of the most negative people. Unless one is actually the subject matter expert, one technically has no right or knowledge to critic someone. Not all critics are bad in general. There are people who are good critics by giving constructive feedback.
           
            Going to my work environment, the boss who picks on me does not give good constructive feedback. His feedback is vague, indirect, and negative. As a result, the message he wants to portray is lost in the process. I guess it’s a part of miscommunication or maybe not.

            Another example is the feedback I get from my stories and artwork. I get a variation of feedback from different people. Some positive, some negative, and some constructive. Whatever it is, it’s still good to have feedback so I have a sense of going to the right direction.

            One should know that feedbacks are truly one’s own personal opinion and it is up to the receiver to take it and absorb it. If you feel strongly about something or a point, there is no need to sway just to please them. You can’t please everyone, but you can at least make yourself happy. It is that control you have over other people’s feedbacks that affects how you react.

4 comments:

  1. You could be a writer if you're not a writer already, lol. If you want more feedback, you should expand and get more readers, not just the few guys in your DF clan. I wouldn't know, but I do believe you should get more people to read your blog. Stay talented. XD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Promote your blog to the DF public community.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, I think I will try that.

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to comment and give your feedback. Thanks!