Wednesday, April 6, 2016

VC2 Chapter 30-Galactic Gangsters

Galactic Gangsters

Sector 2400
Planet 2420
November 28, 2052

Jake piloted his ship towards a tightly guarded base next to a blue planet.
“You are entering Galactic Gangsters airspace. Prepare to die.” a soldier transmitted.
“Tell my old friend Cyber Joel that Jake is here to see him. We were friends during MOB.” Jake transmitted back.
“Standby and shut off your engines. We will summon Lord Cyber Joel.” the soldier ordered.
“Understood.” Jake nodded and switched off his engines as he watched three Revelation cruisers lift off from the base and fly towards him.
“To what do I owe the pleasure of meeting you here?” a masked man dressed in a black tunic and red trim and red cape appeared on the screen.
“Joel. I'm joining you guys. CMD sacked me for something stupid. I figured I find my old pals back from the old days.” Jake smiled hoping it would work in his favour.
“Interesting...come to my base. Let us talk...business.” Joel flashed a smile and then shut off his comms.

* * *

“For the last time, we need to be making cost-efficient venoms.” Antonopoulos explained his blueprints to Wicker.
Wicker studied the blueprints and scratched his head.
“I don't know man... They look like weak.” Wicker flipped through the pages.
“And cheap and heavy hitting.” Antonopoulos pointed at the phased projectiles add-on.
“On stock speed engines? That's a sitting duck.” Wicker debated.
“In a fleet of six, you can cover your blinds much easier. Think about it man, a battleship is like a battle station. Charlie and I discussed about it before, but we never got to actually test the ideas out.” Antonopoulos explained as he grabbed a pen beside him and started drawing.
“Go on...” Wicker rubbed his chin as Antonopoulos continued to draw the firing arcs.
“Look, it will work!” Antonopoulos pointed at the overlapping firing arcs.
“And a waste of time and money if it's not what you hoped it to be.” Wicker reasoned.
“I know we are low on finances after the war with CMD. But this could be the cannon fodder for our larger ships. We can keep bigger ships alive man!” Antonopoulos replied enthusiastically.
“Alright, alright. What do you need?” Wicker gave up.
“Give me six of your venoms. I will get my team to refit them based on these blueprints. That way it will save me time constructing the venoms from scratch.” Antonopoulos pointed at Wicker's fleet in the ship bay.
“Sure, it's not like I use Venoms a lot lately. How much time do you need?” Wickers shrugged at the thought of giving away his ships for free.

 “Six days man. Then I will show you my tests.” Antonopoulos thanked Wicker and rolled up his blueprints and left.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment and give your feedback. Thanks!