Sunday, July 1, 2012

Chapter 36- The Mirror

            Sometimes I just take some time alone to reflect on the things I’ve done in life. Some good, some bad, but I focus on the bad so that I can learn from my mistakes. Being human, we ought to make mistakes. I have set a goal for continuous improvement to better myself as a person. Some reflections on the bad gives me regrets, while others I think about how I can fix or correct the errors or mistakes I made so that I can maintain my goodness.

            Looking back, I think I officially began reflecting after I had an incident during a conversation with the girl from my gaming group. I won’t comment on what occurred, but I will talk about the actions I began to take. That night after the incident, I was upset with what I had done to make her angry. I rested on my bed and thought about what I did. Whatever I did can’t be erased, but I have to make things right. I also came to the conclusion that I truly value the friendship that we have and that she means a lot to me. So if I don’t reflect and change on my faults, I would lose what we have and I will never forgive myself for what I’ve done. Perhaps I was too selfish. Perhaps I was too blunt in being honest. What I know was that it was my fault and I need to fix it. I want her to be happy, but I failed that day and made her angry. For mistakes like that, I am truly accountable for my actions. 

            I think that’s a major change I’ve done to my style of living. In depth reflection to see what worked well and what didn’t. How to correct mistakes and to prevent future occurrences from making me regret it later. Like a mirror, I need to look at myself and see who I am and what I want to be in this life. Therefore, this will be another task towards my goal of happiness.How

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment and give your feedback. Thanks!