Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Chapter 39- Stress Out


             There are days I’m just so stressed out with so many tasks and issues. What do I do? I take a deep breath and think out each task and issue and prioritize them. For issues that affect my mental or physical well-being, I go take some rest, listen to music, exercise, play games, or talk it out with trusted people. For just tasks that stress me out, I prioritize them based on the things that I can handle without shutting down.

            Resting while listening to music helps me relax and think things clearly as I think and reflect. The calmness and clarity relieves most of the stress. When I exercise, whether it is to workout, bike ride, or dance, I find it a way to release my energy that stresses me out so that the tremendous amount of energy does not explode inside me. Playing games is another way of removing myself from the stress as my mind goes out to another world. Perhaps a world that I have more control of rather than the real world. I can also socialize with others and place myself in a carefree environment as I do what I want without any penalties or responsibilities. Finally, if it’s more of a mental or physical stress that’s going to affect my well-being, I find that talking it out and sharing it with others helps. I can get new insights and ideas as to how I can deal or manage my stress.

            Whenever I get stressed out, I use these techniques to manage it. However, there are days when I just can’t manage it or perhaps the only way to express it is to write in this memoir as I write and reflect on my own issues. I guess my goal to happiness includes kicking stress out in my life so that life would be easier and less things to worry about.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment and give your feedback. Thanks!