Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Day 190

Day 190
Wed. Apr. 2, 2014

I woke up a text message from my girlfriend saying that she apologizes that I feel that she doesn't love me as much. She stated that she has been busy with school and picked up a job as well.

ARTS111 was the last final class. It was good while it lasted, but I know what direction I'm headed to. The film industry and some education in motion picture and filmmaking. I still have another take-home exam/paper to do for this class about final action plans for my life and career. I think I can handle it…

After ARTS111 was finished, I quickly headed back to residence for final BBQ gathering. There were sports games playing beside the BBQ and here is what happened. My roommate wanted to hit my residence Don with a football while him and I were in the midst of playing soccer. My high testosterone roommate heaved the football right into the back of my head and knocked me to the ground. Everyone gathered and I was brought to the Don's house. I rested and felt really tired from the hit. They called 411 for assistance which they recommend getting an ambulance. I declined because I feel that there was no need for it. After an hour or so, the Don called campus police which they also brought the ambulance. I signed a decline for ambulance and then later as I was heading back, I felt like vomiting. I got taken aboard the ambulance and sent to Grand Rivers Hospital.

At the hospital, I waited 45 minutes before the nurse came to assess my situation. Three and a half hours later, the doctor finally came and I was assessed of condition. He said that there were no concussions, but I follow a checklist for symptoms. It was really late at night and I was forced to call a taxi to go home. Eleven dollars for the ride back home was going to get on my nerves since I didn't even want to go to the hospital in the first place.

During the time at the hospital, I sat in the bed thinking and wondering how lonely I was. No one was here, a dead cell phone, and no wallet. The wait time was brutal...had it been a serious internal brain injury, I could have sustained a stroke, brain dead, or something horrific. Canadian health care sucks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment and give your feedback. Thanks!