Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Day 2

Day 2
Wed. Sept. 11, 2013

Another hot day at Waterloo with ARBUS200 starting today and I know it was going to be in a big lecture hall. This is was a fairly big room, but in an older section of the school. The chairs were small and the table attached could barely allow me to have an open folder. Well, that's not the point.

Although the class was long and the seat was uncomfortable, the professor was interesting. Interesting enough to crack jokes, make relations to our everyday lives, and most importantly, he told us his story. His successes...his failures in life. That was what struck me deeply because I was able to relate to him and see him not only as a professor, but one of us. He had developed a good rapport with me and has my complete respect for the person he is.

On top of that, I think this class is fairly challenging as well, but the good thing is...no exams! That's brilliant because that's one stress factor removed. In regards to stress, I went to the bookstore today and bought some of the novels I had to read for ENGL100A and I must say...those books were thick with words.

Anyways, time to get cracking on the readings material before I fall behind. Technically, I'm already behind with the meltdown I had yesterday. Still recovering, but motivated. Life in university was not quite exactly I had expected, but I'll find ways to compensate my expectations.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment and give your feedback. Thanks!