Monday, January 6, 2014

Day 104

Day 104
Mon. Jan. 6, 2014

First day of classes and it's bright early in the morning. The cold winter trek to campus was brutal in the morning. Unshovelled pathways and chilling winds were a nuisance. GER101 was the first class of the day and I was already intimidated when the class started off with the instructor speaking full on German at us. Back in my mind, I was trying to find any evidence that this course was a beginner. Since we already started dialogues on the first day, I can't even get my pronunciation correct. To top things off, we never got to learn the phonetic alphabet and it made me feel like I had missed a couple of classes.

Next class was ARTS111 on career development and I must say that this class seems much more open and comfortable than GER101. I feel like this instructor is much more understanding and caring from the rapport she gave me.

Later the night I struggled through the GER101 textbook reviews as the whole beginner book was written in German. Only like 1% was in English and it was starting to stress me out. This remind me of ENGL100A and I feel pressured into dropping it. Must need more thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment and give your feedback. Thanks!