Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Day 105

Day 105
Tues. Jan. 7, 2014

The only day with one class and it's got to be GER101. The air and wind today was very chilly as I struggled through the arctic cold weather to campus. I could feel the air I breathe out of my nose freezing within my nostrils. It was painful despite having all other winter gear that I brought from home. It turns out that the wind chill was at -35 degrees Celsius and I was not used to this cold. I guess it's being a true Canadian eh?

Today's class was difficult was well. Not learning the correct pronunciation was difficult to comprehend the reading material as well as the lack of English instruction. I know how they say you learn a language best by living in the environment, but that was not the way to go as I had completely no clue. Some classmates have a bit of German background and was an asset to them. At the end of the class, the instructor said that we will learn the alphabet tomorrow. Thank goodness!

In the back of my mind, I had a dilemma...endure or give up. I don't really have a choice to give up. I need a language course for my GBDA program. Endure then...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment and give your feedback. Thanks!