Saturday, June 9, 2012

Chapter 14- Two-Headed Snake


             There are people in this world that can be nice to you, but secretly talking bad things behind your back. They may seem like your friend, but actually is your enemy without you even knowing it. These people are considered very dangerous since they are crossing you without showing you that they are secretly betraying your trust.

            A perfect example of a two-headed snake would be the friend from secondary school who went out with the girl I like. He gained my trust and I told him who I liked. Thinking he was going to help me, he went out with the girl instead. Also, there are also other people whom I consider to be double-sided. These people are very hard to find, it’s usually after what they have done when you actually find out they were doing things behind your back.

            In my workplace, I find that there are usually one or two people who are like that. Not sure if it’s their own personality or if they are influenced by their leader. One coworker of mine likes to gossip and talk negative things about other coworkers. So basically people form negative feelings towards the coworker without actually forming their own views of the person. I find it very dangerous interacting with people because impressions are based upon gossip. You may have a person disliking you before you actually meet them.

            So how do you deal with these kinds of people? From my experience, always be good to them. Never tell them your weaknesses or secrets because that’s their basis for gossip. Like a snake, confront them starting with its tail. Don’t directly point out that they are wrong or they will bite back hard when you least expect it. If you don’t want trouble, stay away from them as you would when seeing a predator.

            I consider myself one-sided because I believe in being who I am. I am who I am, so I am not going to make you my friend or enemy if it’s not your choice. If I have a problem with you, I will tell you first. I won’t go behind your back and spread bad things about you because it’s not who I am. This is all part of the human interaction we do daily in our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment and give your feedback. Thanks!