Sunday, June 17, 2012

Chapter 22- Sharing is Healing


             I find that sharing these stories to some friends who I can trust and talk it out with strangers is beneficial for me. Sometimes I consume too many issues that I can’t solve it by lonesome. Perhaps I just wanted a listening ear or words of encouragement to inspire me some hope.

            The first time I shared my personal issues with others was the time at post-secondary with the girl who helped me with my crisis. After that, it was followed by sharing with a counselor. It helped a lot and it made me more open to share my issues with others. From that day on, I felt I needed to let things out. Too much tension was building up inside me. One day, I decided to write what’s on my mind into a memoir. Writing it down is good, but not talking it out to get help was useless. After I met the girl from the gaming group, I felt like she would be one of those people who would care and give support. I was right and I was thankful that I met her. This is why there are so many chapters in this memoir. Inspired by her, I continued on past chapter one and decided to tell my tales.

            I realized that in order to help myself, I have to tell others. So, I began to talk with other friends in my life and friends who are in my gaming community. To my realization, there are people out there who are supportive and caring. Even though I had some tough moments in my life, I still have some people who are there to motivate and inspire me to continue on.

            I encourage others to talk it out; you never know if they are in the same position as you. Perhaps there are tips and advice that you could share. Get new strengths to overcome my weaknesses. Find new people that feel the same and help each other out. United we become and strength in numbers. I can’t be certain, but I feel that the more you share, the less alone you are in this harsh world. Maybe I’m wrong or maybe I’m right. Maybe I was lucky enough after all to get some good supportive friends. I will never know what life puts in my way…

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment and give your feedback. Thanks!