Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Chapter 31- Closet or Not


             There were some days at work where I get joked about being gay. In fact, I’m not gay. I’m just being myself and friendly as possible to everyone. Some people understand that I don’t like being called gay and will respect that by not calling me that. Others just joke around which I am getting tired of.

            I asked one girl at work why people think I’m gay. She said that I was nice and friendly and that usually gay people are like that. She pointed at another guy beside me and said that he is just so tough looking and quiet. So basically, guys like me are hard to find hence I easily fall into the gay category. Another female coworker commented that I was boyish hence I did not fall into the category of a man. Perhaps I’m still young or perhaps it’s the way I am. People need to respect who each person is regardless of orientation or age.

            While in my gaming group, all of us respect each other. Treat each other like family and help each other out. Perhaps it was because I was the leader that I cultivated a good friendly community. No one should be treated differently because of one or two differences. It is our human rights to have equality amongst all.

            The reason why I don’t like to be called gay is not because I don’t like gays, but I want to be known as straight so that I can pursue my happiness and find the One. That’s the main reason why I don’t want to be called gay. If I’m placed into the gay category, I will never find the One because I’ve simple been placed into the friend list and nothing more.

            Closet or not, I believe that the term be scrapped. It places people in categories. So what if someone is gay? There’s no need to make the closet comment. I am straight, how come I don’t get the closet comment? It’s not fair to make jokes about gay people or to make gay jokes to straight people. We all need to be a little more open, understanding, and respectful of each other. That is how good human interaction should work in this society.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment and give your feedback. Thanks!