Saturday, June 23, 2012

Chapter 28- A Hidden Talent


 All of us have some sort of talent that we don’t know about. The hard part is identifying what exactly it is. Till now, I still don’t really know what hidden talent is. Although it may be my interpersonal skills, but I feel everyone has that skill and it makes the talent too general. I believe our hidden talent defines us and makes each and every one of us unique.

            Even though I can’t identify my talent, I can see talent in others. Perhaps others can identify my talent. For example, I had a classmate who knew everything about planes. Ask him what type it is or what airline it belongs to, he would tell you. Another person was from my gaming group; he would be the first person to complete assignments and was considered to be top of the class. So, one person who knows about airplanes and the other who is a straight shooter and gets the job done.

            Each and every body has a talent. Some talents may have a positive impact and others may have a negative impact. For example, if a person has a talent in debating, he or she would be considered positive if he or she is on your side. What if they aren’t? They’ll probably be stubborn and confident on their side that they forgot to take a step back and see each other’s views. Another example would be someone who is a professional gamer. They excel in the gaming world, but what happens in the real world? In reality, things are a lot different so it may impact them negatively. Whatever talent we may have, there are always two sides to it. Because of a strength, there will be a weakness. In a positive, there will be a negative to balance it.

            Till now, I am searching what I’m good at. What’s my purpose here in this world and I can contribute to society. Perhaps one day I will find out or perhaps I will never find out. No matter what happens, I will put it with my goals in life to search and find my hidden talent. Perhaps it is a journey with no ending.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment and give your feedback. Thanks!