Friday, June 29, 2012

Chapter 34- Splitting the Tree


             Although, I do not come from a life of divorced parents, I find that people who have been through a divorce, husband, wife, son, or daughter have been through a lot. Some may benefit from this experience while most of the time I’ve witnessed result in some damage to the person.

            Divorces were not common back when I was still young. Nowadays, it seems like a divorce is perfectly fine. It’s interesting how society can change in just a few years. I’m sure that part of the marriage vows was indicating staying together for the better or the worse. Now, it’s all about oneself and not caring about the others. It is usually the kids that are affected the most from divorces. However, adults can be affected as well and I know this from meeting some people in my life.

            Remember my boss at work? I learned from my coworkers that he was married before and then got divorced. I don’t know what the reason was, but all I knew was that he rarely gets to see his son after the divorce. Perhaps that’s why he was picking on me. Maybe he’s going through some tough times and nobody was there for him. I can imagine how hard it must be to love someone so dearly, have a son, and later be divorced and now you can’t see your son. It’s pretty upsetting and depressing because when you found the One and marry her, she doesn’t love you anymore after a couple years.

            In a marriage to work, the essential keys are communications and trust. No matter how hard the situation can be, both must solve it together as a team. It is from the teamwork that the love still bonds. Also, one must trust the partner and never give up. If you trusted the person long enough to marry them, why let go of that trust when one slight change occurs? Clear communications are essential for common understanding of each other in order to maintain mutual trust and respect for each other. It is these two key components that make the magic work. That makes the love strong and unswerving.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment and give your feedback. Thanks!