Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Chapter 18- The King's Knights


             What is loyalty? How do you define it? How do you gain it? It is a very hard thing to talk about because everyone has their own definitions. In this chapter, I will talk how I show my loyalty and what I expect from loyal friends.

            To gain someone’s loyalty, one must be able to show trust and respect. These are the two most common factors of loyalty. Combine these two together and you get loyalty. How much of these two components will define how loyal a person is to an extent. Would they help you out in times of need? Would they put themselves in front of danger for you? Or would they run away and leave you by yourself?

            My loyalty is very hard to get, but once you get it, you will get a very loyal person. If you abuse my loyalty, I will never be loyal to you again. Those who have shown great care and understanding shall receive my loyalty. Especially in my desperate time would I owe a debt of gratitude. In my books, this debt can’t be paid off because I feel like I owe a priceless item obtained from them. If you give me care and understanding, I would return twice the amount. If you gave me happiness, I will give you double the happiness you gave to me. If you think about it, it’s the basic action reaction concept. Or treat others the way you want to be treated.

            What do I expect from a loyal person? It’s actually simple, what I do for them would be returned as a gesture of loyalty. If I gave you respect because you are a worthy friend, I would simply expect that you give me respect as well. If I gave you a gift for our friendship, accept it and acknowledge that our friendship is valuable. That’s something that doesn’t need to be returned because it has no price to it, but a value. Although there are exceptions to the giving and getting part, this is what I expect from a loyal person. If I have found a person to be loyal, I will not state to them that they are loyal. I would treat them what a loyal friend deserves. Respect, trust, understanding, and my loyalty towards them as well.

            Even though each person has their own definitions of loyalty, but one thing alike is the feedback. You can’t get a loyal friend without being loyal to them and vice versa.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment and give your feedback. Thanks!