Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Chapter 32- The Parrot


             I have a friend of mine who is very bad at keeping things to himself. If someone told him something, he would easily tell another person without question. Not sure if it’s a bad thing, but he seems like the town crier when you want news to spread. As a result, there is a certain amount of trust I can place in him when I tell him more personal things. For him, I think he believes that everyone deserves the right to know. For me, I think you should keep a secret, a secret.

            There are things I tell him that makes me second guess myself. Should I have told him? Is he going to tell someone else? Knowing him at least two years, I know he tells me other people’s secrets or perhaps he has a different definition of secrecy. I told him about my memoirs and he said that he wanted to fix the problem with the friend I had issues with. He wanted to show the memoirs to him, but I insisted that he didn’t. Till now, I constantly ask him if he has shown it or not. He would reply no and I would feel reassured. I will never know if he told him, but that’s a chance that I took when I told him about my memoirs.

            This friend of mine is a nice guy as he would take initiative to help others by spilling out everything to most people. If I wanted something to be broadcasted, he would be the excellent person to go to, no doubt about it. If it’s more of a personal secret, I would take a second look and evaluate before sharing it with him. This is just for my own protection in case my own secrets are shared with the people that I have to work with in the future.

            Although I write this with good intentions, I hope he will understand in the future why I am doubtful when it comes to sharing secrets with him. He is definitely a good friend to have.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment and give your feedback. Thanks!