Monday, June 25, 2012

Chapter 30- Loneliness


             At some point in our lives, we were all lonely. It is our human nature to interact with others. There are days when I felt so alone and left out in this world. Days I question if I’ll find the One or not. I’m tired of being a lone wolf; I want a pack to join.

            One day at work, one coworker brought up the topic about loneliness. She stated that everyone feels alone some time even if you are married. At first, I disagreed on her point, but then I realized it was true after I asked another coworker of mine who was married. When she was asked the question about feeling alone, she did not answer and had a face that looked sad. She didn’t say anything, but I felt her message from her body language. After that day, I’ve began to question myself about the loneliness. Am I still going to be a lone wolf or should I find myself a pack to join?

            So far, I haven’t really heard people admit they are lonely. Perhaps it’s the body armor making them look strong. I can admit, I feel lonely. Life definitely looks better and fun when you do things together with people. People can have fun together with people. People can have fun together and go through obstacles together. If there is a problem, you won’t face it alone, but together as a team and solve the problem. No matter how bad a situation is, you’ll know that it is not just you who is facing it.

            I think I’ve been on the lonely path for quite some time. It’s time for me to get off that path and find a new one which is the path to happiness. In the pursuit to happiness, not being alone is a factor in my goal. There are lots of tiny factors that build towards my final destination of happiness. Even though one can never get rid of the loneliness, I still believe that being less alone on this planet would be a better day than before. At least I’m being less alone and alone bit by bit. Like a flower sitting alone in a field of grass, I wait for another flower to appear. Even though I have waited for years for a flower to grow within the field, I still carry on some hope to continue my journey to happiness.

2 comments:

  1. Everyone comes alone and dies alone, no point in avoiding loneliness! People try hard to find ways to make themselves less lonely, such as searching for love, having kids, making friends, partying 24/7! But in the end, they r all fooling themselves b/c in their state of mind, they r still lonely! If ur way of searching for happiness is to make urself less lonely, then u will nv b happy b/c ur happiness is too dependent on others! The harder u try to avoid loneliness, the more lonely u would become

    ReplyDelete
  2. So try to live with it bro!! Loneliness is unavoidable, it comes along with us ever since the day we came to this world....

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to comment and give your feedback. Thanks!