Sunday, February 23, 2014

Day 152

Day 152
Sun. Feb. 23, 2014

What a terrific play by Team Canada against Sweden with a 3-0. A gold for Canada in the Mens Hockey making our total gold medal count to 10. Despite the 2010 Olympics, I feel that  it was pretty good to come in third place. However in the back of my mind, I am a little skeptical about the Russian winning 13 gold medals…

I went to Harvey's to buy some burger combos before I went home to Skype with my girlfriend to celebrate our anniversary. The customer service at Harvey's was commendable and I thought I should put some recognition in it here. Good food and great service. While I was walking back to my residence, a girl and her pickup truck was stuck in the snow in the same spot as yesterday. Damsel in distress? Not really, it's just an added bonus. I tried to help, but the ice was too thick so I called three of my residence mates to help her out. After a hard push back and forth on the block of ice, our job was complete and we got thanked. It was nice helping people out and showing that there is still kindness in the world.

The remainder of the night was spent video Skyping and just chilling around talking about things on our minds. One of the things that I longed for was able to see her face on camera. All in all, it was a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment and give your feedback. Thanks!