Friday, February 28, 2014

Day 157

Day 157
Fri. Feb. 28, 2014

Today's Stratford classes were cut in half due to some event going on in the campus. I heard that the class average for GBDA102 was around 60% and that the professor was going to remark some exams to see if any teacher's assistants had been tough. GBDA102's class was a short class filled with country presentations. Speaking of which, I should really look into our Australia presentation.

For ECON101, the results on the exam were so devastating that the class average was below 50%. The professor said that he was going to bell curve it so that it accurately reflects the whole class. One of the things he said about our whole GBDA class was that either we were inattentive in the classes or illiterate on the exam. Yeah, getting called illiterate was uncalled for, unprofessional, and insensitive. I can admit that I may be inattentive in class because I have absolutely no clue on what he is trying to get his message across through his instruction, but I for one know that I can read and write considering that his quizzes he posted included spelling mistakes and grammatical errors. There is a fine line of appropriate conduct for students and teachers and he crossed it. Being a person of values and integrity, I know that if I don't have anything good to say, I won't say it.

Later the night, I chatted for quite some time with my Aussie friend before she decided that I was too distracting for her homework and figured that it be best that she went away for a while. It was kind of disappointing, but she has to do what's best for her in life which was doing well in school.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment and give your feedback. Thanks!