Friday, February 28, 2014

VC Chapter 14-Amending the Past

Sector 1600
Planet 1601
January 21, 2052

Tarbuck stood beside a massive ship docked in the hangar bay that was loaded with two hex missiles and two disruptor ray weapons. He walked around and inspected the outer hull of the ship before taking a lift to the second floor to see Franklin slowly walked towards him.
“Oye Franklin! I thought you weren't going to show up.” Tarbuck welcomed her with open arms.
Franklin walked cooly towards Tarbuck and shot an evil glare without greeting him.
“I almost didn't want to...” Franklin had a flashback of the woman in Tarbuck's bed.
“Oh come on, let's not ruin my last day here.” Tarbuck pleaded.
“You kind of ruined mine.” Franklin crossed her arms.
“I'll make up for it babe.” Tarbuck grabbed Franklin's hand.
“Don't call me babe!” Franklin shook Tarbuck away from her.
“Easy there. I just wanted to show you the Revelation cruiser that you asked me a long time ago.” Tarbuck pointed at the majestic ship.
“I asked five months ago...” Franklin squinted her eyes.
“Well, I'm the Rear Admiral and I have duties to perform.” Tarbuck responded by pointing at his crew boarding the ship.
“I don't need excuses. I want a man who can walk the walk.” Franklin scoffed.
“Well I'm sorry Franklin. You know I care about you and that's why I wanted to make up for the things I've done wrong in the past.” Tarbuck walked Franklin to the bridge connecting the platform to the ship deck.
“And you finally had a change of heart?” Franklin challenged.
“Look Franklin, I just wanted to say I'm sorry. Tomorrow I leave for one of the most dangerous missions NB has planned.” Tarbuck looked deeply into Franklin's brown eyes.
“You will do fine like always.” Franklin reassured confidently.
“If anything happens to me, I want to know that I have set things right. I couldn't bare the thought of you hating me for the rest of your life.” Tarbuck gently touched her cheek.
“Aww, that's so sweet and mature of you.” Franklin blushed and looked away.
“Now, do you still want that ship tour?” Tarbuck snapped back to attention.
“Well aren't you serious?” Franklin laughed sarcastically.
“We're all running on a tight schedule.” Tarbuck looked at the mission timer on his tactical watch.
“How about I give you a tour after you finish yours?” Franklin walked her fingers up the man's chest playfully.

 “I'd like that. Come on then.” Tarbuck grinned as he grabbed Franklin's hand and ran aboard the gigantic ship.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment and give your feedback. Thanks!