Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Day 71

Day 71
Tues. Nov. 19, 2013

I haven't really been getting much sleep as I should as I usually sleep late and wake up early to a "Good Morning" text from my girlfriend each day around 7. Even if was grumpy or moody that day when I woke up, that one text from her can start my day off with a big smile and bring me on the path of positivity.

It's ENGL100A today and I sat in class listening to two group presentations on Captain Nemo from 20,000 Leagues Under the Seas. During the presentation of intertexuality, oppression, and religion within the book and linking it to another graphic novel called The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen...I found an astonishing link! The pieces of the puzzle were coming together as I assembled what the comic author wanted us to see about our society. Each specific character from The League represented a specific icon regarding society. I also managed to discover the Illuminati symbol within the comic by accident and thus setting me off in a rampant conspiracy theory during presentations discussions. Boy was I onto something big!

That feeling of multiple light bulbs lighting up simultaneously was astonishing as if I had entered into a whole new level of inception. This must be the whole point of this ENGL100A course and I have uncovered it.

Between classes, I went to Burger King to get my meal because I had a coupon for a deal. Since I'm a university student, saving money is good. Anyways, that's not the point...the point is the experience. Every staff including the manager appeared to be bored and tired as I greeted them with my order. This isn't the first time it has happened to me on this Burger King and I had given them a second chance. This time, they blew my experience at Burger King because they carried an attitude. An attitude that displayed that they did not like serving us. So, sometime this week I'm going to fill that survey on the back of my receipt and tell them my experience.

Now I'm going to stop the ranting and continue on with my VCULT100 where we discussed about gender views in film. One thing that struck out to me was that most films in Hollywood were centered around the male character and that the woman was an object of desire. Interesting...is that why our society is treating woman as objects? Still missing a link there, but I'm sure I'll find it like my ENGL100A.

Today's post is long! Not my usual post, but I had a lot to say for today... Anyways, ResCouncil meeting ended off with us discussing about doing more karaoke nights, door decoration events, and our ResCouncil member party. Looking forward to that next week! Long day...long post...long night...off to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment and give your feedback. Thanks!